Thank you for stopping by, grab a cup of coffee (or your beverage of choice) and stay awhile.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Friend what does it mean...Day 24 of Challenge

Friend..what does that word mean to you?  I have been dealing with this alot lately, what is a true friend. everyone's definition is different. For me it has many meanings.
  


I think I have alot of people I consider an acquaintance (someone who you see here and there but never really hangout with) then there are the people you might hangout with here and there, but never really form a strong bond, you like these people but you really don't have alot in common so you usually hang with a group don't hang out separately or talk much on phone.  Then there is your closest friend/s the one you can without a shadow of a doubt confide in, trust with everything, they have your back no matter what. They tell you honestly if you butt looks to big in the jeans/dress.  They are happy for you when something good happens in your life, they are not jealous or envious.  You can be states away and when you talk there seems to be not time missed.  

I have had many friendships in my life and alot of those friendships have dissipated (through divorce), and so many are still going strong regardless of distance or time.  I have made new friendships that are amazing, but have been hurt by people that I have felt to be strong friends.  I try not to dwell on it to much and realize that everyone's definition is different so when it hurts I try to remember this.  

During this time of Thanksgiving I am thankful for my strong friendships and I am so grateful for my sweet girlfriends.  I decided to journal about this today.  I am not real crazy about how it turned out, but I got some of my definitions on paper...will continue to work on this.  Have a blessed Thanksgiving.


1 comment:

  1. I like the colours you've used. A good friend is a true blessing.

    Happy Thanksgiving - enjoy the holiday festivities.

    Kat :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment, it makes me smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...