Thank you for stopping by, grab a cup of coffee (or your beverage of choice) and stay awhile.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Go out and let your light shine!!

 I have heard this at least 2 times this week and I never get tired of hearing it..enjoy!!


Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?
Actually, who are we not to be?

You are a child of God.

Your playing small doesn’t serve the world.
There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone.
And as we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fears, our presence automatically liberates others.
Source: A Return to Love, by Marianne Williamson, as quoted by Nelson Mandela in his inaugural speech, 1994

9 comments:

  1. Amen to that!! I really like your blog! Will be checking back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherry Lynn- I've nominated you for the Stylish Blog Award... click here for details and to join in the fun. Pretty site:

    http://imnotatrophywife.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award-nomination.html

    laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for that blog. I love those words...so true. I needed to read that! =) Made me smile!
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also wanted to inform you that you have been given a Stylish Blogger Award.

    Here's my post if you're interested in playing along!

    Thanks for all the inspiration and encouragement that you've given me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's the link: http://mygiantstrawberry.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    I have new blog, name "my hobbies"
    I have share my collection about stamps, banknote and more.would love you to follow back.
    Nan
    http://my-hobbies-shop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there,Im am now following you from the weekend blog hop.Id love for you to come by and follow me back http://beachbabys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this post. What a great reminder to let your light shine!

    I am a new follower of your blog and I hope you'll stop by mine and follow me too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful and uplifting words! thanks so much for sharing :) thanks for following my blog hop too! best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment, it makes me smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...