Thank you for stopping by, grab a cup of coffee (or your beverage of choice) and stay awhile.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

All things of Beauty..

 This is a re-post...I miss the beach and would love to be there today

I love the beach, it's a place for restoration of body and mind.  I tend to loose myself from everyday thoughts for a few days.  I am always looking at things to bring into my created items. In my collecting of shells and sea glass, I started to think of each item.  Where did it first come from, did it come from the other side of the world  first; did it travel with the storm all this way to come to this beach so that I could find it and use it in my new necklace.  God is that good in my life, he presents things in ways we might not of thought of before.  One thing that came to my mind is that these shells, starfish and even sea glass all started out whole.  They all had beauty of their own, but are now on this beach at my feet, some broken some whole.  But in all of their brokenness there is some beauty left to them. A beauty that will be different from one person to another..as one person walks over this broken shell another persons bends down and pick up. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;-)

My husband loves to take pictures, below are a few he took..from his point of view.  Enjoy!


6 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about the ocean, it's a place to go a be in total tranquility.
    Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy the beach too! sets me free and makes me feel at peace! love the photos :) xoxo

    Vic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your husband has a good eye...beauty pics~!!!

    Following from Mingle Monday and GFC follow *heavensent1*...ifn you have a moment...could you please stop by my place and have a look around... Mad Moose Mama - http://www.madmoosemama.blogspot.com Have a groovy day...peaces...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures....I agree beauty is in the eyes of the beholder :)
    Love the purple necklace you made too :)
    Following you back!
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are so calming. I can't wait 'til the weather gets warmer.

    - Grace

    www.helloagainvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its funny how you mention the beach because I was dreaming of going to the beach this morning when the alarm clock went off...I thought man what a bummer...I was having such a good dream. LOL

    I am blog hopping today and decided to stop by and visit your blog!!

    Come by and visit either or both of my blogs (and become a follower if you aren't one already).

    Jessicas Lil Corner is where I blog about life and family at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

    So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com

    Hope to see you at either or both of my blogs.

    Have a Happy Thursday!! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment, it makes me smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...