Thank you for stopping by, grab a cup of coffee (or your beverage of choice) and stay awhile.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wordless Wednesday..

I'm sharing a poem with you today for Word Filled Wednesday. It's called "My Name is Pride," by Beth Moore. It is to the point, I love it because it kicks pride in the butt ...

My name is Pride. 
I am a cheater.
I cheat you of your God-given destiny…
because you demand your own way.
I cheat you of contentment…
because you “deserve better than this.”
I cheat you of knowledge…
because you already know it all.
I cheat you of healing…
because you are too full of you to forgive.
I cheat you of holiness…
because you refuse to admit when you are wrong.
I cheat you of vision…
because you’d rather look in the mirror than out a window.
I cheat you of genuine friendship…
because nobody’s going to know the real you.
I cheat you of love…
because real romance demands sacrifice.
I cheat you of greatness in heaven…
because you refuse to wash another’s feet on earth.
I cheat you of God’s glory…
because I convinced you to seek your own.
My name is Pride. I am a cheater.
You like me because you think I’m always looking out for you.
Untrue.
I’m looking to make a fool of you.
God has so much for you, I admit, but don’t worry…
If you stick with me you’ll never know.
--Beth Moore

Many blessings Wednesday My Sweets!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Following from Friendly Friday. Please come follow me at http://preciouscupcakes.blogspot.com :)

    I have a $25 Joann's gift card giveaway going on right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment, it makes me smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...